Here are 10 quick thoughts about the physical, mental, and emotional health benefits of summer camp:
1. Make New Friends: Camp offers the opportunity to create friendships that will probably last a lifetime.
2. Explore Outdoors: Camp takes the children out of the couch, away from the computer and into a new environment that is often outdoors that offers a myriad of benefits.
3. Get Rest from the Family: Camp allows everyone in the family to have a little rest from each other. Children can learn about themselves in a new environment.
4. Downtime from Daily Routines: Our lives are full, full, full! Camp allows for a break from the fast-paced lifestyle that we are all accustomed to. This is a good healing tool.
5. Enhance Socialization Skills: Camps take on their own social networks and lives, because each session allows a new start. This is a great real life, real social networking application.
6. Improve Communication Skills: Camp introduces new people to new situations, encourages conversation and recognition skills. As the campsite develops, children move from the introductory phase to supportive communities, increasingly developing communication skills.
7. Explore one’s Physicality: Outdoor adventure and campsites create new forms of training for athletes and non-athletes. Sport challenges participants in different forms of exercise, allowing children to explore their bodies in different movements and environments.
8. Personal Empowerment: A successful camp experience allows children to feel a sense of accomplishment, and this success can come in various forms, be it social, athletic, or anything else. Their self-awareness and self-confidence explode, empowering children in their future endeavors.
9. Try Something New: Camp offers a myriad of new experiences. Exploration of new things in a new environment enhances learning and growth, simply because adrenaline, focus, and unknown elements create a strong learning experience that doesn’t exist anywhere else.
10. Move, Get Healthy: Hey, this is a fact of life – we are in more and more rooms and we are attached to our electronics even when we are not. Wandering outside the house is definitely good for you: good for the mind, good for the body.
If that’s an option, say yes to summer camp! From the years we have carried camp, the positive changes we have seen in our camp have been amazing.… Read More